A program to help parents get their children off to a health start in life.
Add DVD to cart
This newly updated programgives parents and caregivers the tools they need to make the best nutritional choices for children, starting at birth. It conveys a powerful message - what and how we feed our children matters, and instilling healthy eating habits early in childhood can help prevent obesity in later life.
Volume 1 - "Feeding Your Baby - Birth to Age 1"
- Breast milk and Formula - benefits of breast feeding, hunger and satiation cues, bonding, safe formula feeding.
- Starting Solids - signs of being ready for solids, iron-rich first foods, age appropriate portion sizes and food textures.
- Baby Food Basics - common first foods, food allergies, safe baby food preparation, feeding routines.
- Self Feeding - introducing finger foods, avoiding extra fats and added sugars and salts, choking hazards.
- Family Meals - tips for eating together as a family, active playtime, screen time recommendations.
- Volume 2 - "Young Children Eating Right - (Ages 1 to 5)"
- Variety - USDA's "My Plate" appropriate portion sizes, healthy snack ideas, limiting juice, unhealthy fats, avoiding choking hazards.
- Reduce Mealtime Conflicts - eating routines, tips for choosy eaters, offering choices, not forcing or withholding food.
- Food Adventures - shopping together, "Nutrition Fact" labels, cooking together, family meals , messy eating, fun food ideas.
- Healthy Habits - active playtime, limiting screen time, healthy fast-food choices, easy homemade meals.