Spanish language program examines rape in the Hispanic culture.
Add DVD to cart
2 titles: $124.00 each.
3 titles: $99.00 each.
4 titles: $89.00 each.
5 or more titles: $79.00 each.
Your discount will be automatically calculated when you place eligible items in your shopping cart.
La Confianza Perdida is a Spanish language program on date and acquaintance rape. The title, utilizing a double entendre on the word confianza, means both "loss of self confidence" and "loss of trust in another."
Designed to promote discussion, La Confianza Perdida combines dramatic reenactments with first person testimony from survivors of rape. Also interviewed are professionals in law, forensic medicine, social work, and political activism. Topics addressed include:
- definitions of rape and sexual assault
- special considerations faced by immigrant women
- spousal rape
- resisting sexual assault
- medical and social services available for survivors of rape
- treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- pros and cons of filing a police report
Request a DVD Evaluation Copy of La Confianza Perdida